College Room Tour

I am SO excited to finally show you my most pride and joy, my bedroom!!

I have been planning my bedroom for my college home since this time last year. So, in honor of the anniversary of signing my lease and officially making the Pinterest Board for my future house, I am making a room tour.

My style is very elegant and proper. I have always said that I was born at the wrong place at the wrong time. I would consider my style a southern charm with the style of an older woman born in the 30s. My bedroom really lets me create the style that I adore so much even though, at my age, it might be more likely to have a different since of style according to the media.

Okay, enough blabbering, here is what you came to see!

Here is my bed! My headboard was made by my mom and dad. We just picked out wood at Lowe's and nailed it to the back of the wood to make a headboard frame. We stained it a color that matches all the wooden accents in my room and it really brings my bedroom together! I absolutely love it so much against all the blush colors in my room!


My pillows are all from Homegoods! They took all summer to hunt down exactly what I wanted, but I kept waiting and every time I went I found a pillow that I thought would look great in my room. I started off my room process with a color scheme and ended up buying all my throw pillows first. I absolutely love the 'Smile' pillow because it brings my personality out and truly describes me. 


My rug is from Target and also took me forever to find. Normally, one would buy a rug first, but it took me forever to decide on a rug that would fit and look good with my color scheme. This rug ended up on my instagram timeline one day on sale, so I swiped it up right away. 



My bedding  is from Target and is a light quilt. I love the texture on it because it gives the room a fresh antique feeling. My grey polka dot throw blanket is also from Target and my blush small throw is from Gordmans. My wooden tray is from Homegoods and it was also one of the first things I bought for my room to get inspiration for my headboard. The petite flower decoration is from my one of my roommates (sharing is caring, thanks Karley!).


My Picture frame art on the wall was all DIY and I got the frames all from thrift stores in the area. I spray painted them all gold to add accents to my room and then hot glued leftover flowers all over them. I decided to make them cricked on my wall to make it different and have more of a flair. My marble nightstand is from my Great Great Aunt Helen when she passed a few months back. I love it so much and it really brings out an antique touch and did I mention it is MARBLE?! 

All of the decorations on my night stand are just little things that I have collected all these years and my lamp is from my other roommate (sharing is caring, thanks Kenz!). 


My dresser is a funny story. It is my old diaper changing table from when I was a baby. It was the perfect color and style that I did not have to do anything at all to it! I think it fits perfectly in my room. My stool is a gift from my sorority Big and was DIYed by her! 


All the stuff on my dresser are just little things I have collected or DIYed over the years. My Flower mobile was DIYed using an stick I found in the backyard, fishing line, and flowers/greenery. I absolutely love how this turned out because it brings my colors all together and adds more earthy tones to my room. Its probably my most favorite thing in my room!


My desk is from Ikea and my desk chair was a DIY project from a 1 dollar thrift store chair to this cute thing! I spray painted it white and just fabric glued some cute grey fabric from Joann's onto the chair. I am so proud that I only spent about $8 on this chair because I really didn't want to spend a lot on a desk chair since it wasn't in my budget. 


My shelving is from Ikea and was very cheap and inexpensive, so I didn't feel to bad spending my money on them. All of my desk decorations are from Homegoods and my greenery is from Michael's. I love the pops of green because it makes my room feel homey and more earthy. My picture frames are from Homegoods and bring out the accents of my room. The small sign located at the top shelf is from one of my best friend's, Lexi, because she said it describes me so well (I couldn't agree less because to be honest I am known for that attribute). 


I DIY my letter holder with some burlap string and nails. I wanted to add a little feminine touch, so I also added some leftover flowers to the ends to cover up the letter. My big "T" is from Kirkland's and was actually in my dorm room last year. 


Thank you for letting me share my room with you! I have always loved interior design and getting to show my personality through all aspects of my room. My biggest advice for anyone wanting to redo or upscale their room is to make an inspiration board on Pinterest or any other website. There are so many sources out there that give amazing ideas, like the ones in my room. Please feel free to comment and ask questions about everything! Have an amazing day!

With Smiles and Giggles, Taylor Lynn


Comments

Popular Posts