Monster Cookie Protein Balls + Fitness Outfit Inspo

Here is a little secret about me... I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth ever! When it comes to eating Paleo based, I still have to have something sweet. Whether it is dark chocolate, fruit and nut mix, or my protein ball (the recipe I am going to share with you today), I always have to end with something sweet.

I am here to share with you all today one of my favorite recipes. I used to make these in the dorm room last year and have always made extras to give to my friends and family. These are perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth, like mine, and help give you a little bit of energy because of the protein found in them. They are a great substitute for the regular "Monster Cookie Recipe" because it uses more healthy inspiration ingredients. So lets get into this recipe so you can run to the grocery store and get the ingredients as quick as you can.


Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup of Oats (I used gluten free oats, but you can use regular)
1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
1/2 cup nut butter (I used peanut butter, but a healthier choice would be an almond butter)
1/4 cup of mini M&Ms 
1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla


It's as simple as that when it comes to ingredients. If you want to add extra goodness, try adding a couple of tbs of chia seeds and/or flax seed to help make them more nutritious and a great pre-workout snack.

Basically, all you have to do is put all those ingredients together in a bowl and stir. Its so simple!


Here is another little fact about me, I DO NOT measure ingredients! I tried to be good in these pictures, but to be honest I usually just throw it all in the bowl and it works out. So, after YOU measure out all of your ingredients you should have something that looks similar to this:


 Stir your ingredients together with a wooden spoon or spatula. Obviously, its the real world and messes are realistic. As you can see in the behind the scenes shoot, I got a little messy while stirring these beauties. It's okay, life happens. 

After stirring you are going to roll them into a ball with your hands and place on parchment paper to refrigerate until they harden. Here is the final look of the protein balls. Don't they look so yummy?!


Go eat your hearts out of these beauties and tell me what you think about them in the comments!! I would love to see who tries to make them and your thoughts about them.

Now its time for a quick little fitness outfit inspiration. Here's my outfits and the details will be below:





(Bo had to join in on the little photo shoot LOL)

Outfits Links Below:



Thank you so much for checking out my post! Also, HUGE shout out to my best friend, Olivia Hooper, for helping me out with these pictures. See y'all next week!

With Smiles and Giggles, Taylor Lynn




Comments

Popular Posts